This applies to:
Available with the following QorusDocs Editions:
Refresh is a powerful feature, available in the QorusDocs Add-in for Word, that helps teams keep the content within documents in sync and up to date with the re-usable content stored in the cloud within your connected SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, and your QorusDocs-provided Knowledge Libraries.
The QorusDocs Refresh compares the version of the content as it exists in the document (referred to as the 'document content'), with the corresponding content version in the cloud (referred to as the 'source content').
- If someone makes a change to the source content in the cloud, you can choose to refresh the corresponding version of that content in your document. This updates your document with the latest cloud content version.
- If you make a change to refreshable content in your document, you can push those updates to the source version of that content stored in the cloud. This updates your cloud content with the latest document content version.
- View refreshable content within your document.
- Refresh your document with the latest source version.
- Refresh the source content from your updated document.
1. View refreshable content within your document
In the top nav of the QorusDocs Add-in for Word, click on the ‘more’ button, then on 'Refresh':
Clicking on a file name will reveal information about the document and source versions:
If any of that refreshable content has been updated in the cloud, you'll see the following icons appear on the right of the file title when you hover over the file name:
Alternatively, you can click on ‘Recheck content’ to check if there are any updates available in the source versions of the document’s refreshable content:
2. Refresh your document with the latest source version.
To update your document content with the latest source version of a specific refreshable content item, for example with the changes made to ‘Bio – S - Byers’ in SharePoint Online, all you need to do is click on the 'Refresh' button.
If you’d like to refresh your entire document with all the latest content changes in the cloud, then you can simply click on 'Refresh All':
After clicking on either one of these options, you’ll see a pop-up window. Click 'Ok' to confirm that you would like to refresh and update your document:
When you click ‘Ok’, you will immediately see that the document content has been updated to match the source content:
TIP: If you're in doubt as to whether you should update your document or not, you can always preview the source content by clicking on the ‘Preview’ button:
Alternatively, you can click on ‘Open’ (exactly as you would from the search) to open and view the source version:
3. Refresh the source content from your updated document
It's also possible to update refreshable content while you work in Word - and then push those changes to the corresponding re-usable source version.
This is particularly useful if you've spotted a typo in the content you've already inserted as refreshable! Or it could be that there have been updates to the content that were not yet made in the source version.
All you'll need to do is edit the relevant part of the document content, then in the QorusDocs Add-in, click on ‘To Source’ this time:
You’ll then see a pop-window. Click 'Ok' to confirm that you would like to refresh and update the source content:
Once you’ve done that, you’ll see that now both the dates for Document and Source versions match, and you’ll be notified that the Source document has been updated:
There are a few important points to note about using the Refresh: