This applies to:
Available with the following QorusDocs Editions:
If you’ve used Share and Track to securely share documents with prospective clients and track their engagement, you can manage all your Shared documents (or Shares) in your QorusDocs Hub that you access through your web browser.
Please note that those with admin roles can view and manage all their shares, whereas standard users can only view and manage the ones they created.
In this article we explain how to:
- View, search, and filter all your Shares
- View the Shares you’ve created within a Pursuit
- Edit a Share’s settings, including its expiry date
- Update a Share with the latest changes to the underlying file
- Copy a file’s Share and Track link to the clipboard
- Disable a Share
- Delete a Share
- Validate a Share
1. View, search, and filter all your shares
In the left nav in your QorusDocs Hub, select ‘Shares’ to access all your Share and Track links across QorusDocs:
You can use the search box (top left) to search for a specific Share and Track link based on the name of the file shared, as well as the search filters (top right) to find the Share you’re looking for based on Pursuit, User, and/or Status.
You can also optionally sort your Shares based on:
- Date Created: This sorts Shares from oldest to newest created Share
- Expiry Date: This sorts Shares from soonest to last expiry date
- Views: This sorts Shares from most to least views
- Viewing: This sorts Shares based on longest viewing or shortest viewing, where ‘viewing’ is the total time spent viewing a Share
- File Name: This sorts Shares alphabetically
2. View the Shares you’ve created within a Pursuit
To view the Shares you’ve created within a Pursuit, you can go to your Pursuit’s workspace,
and then click on the ‘Shares’ tab:
3. Edit a Share’s settings, including its expiry date
Once you’ve located the Share you need, you can edit its settings. Select the gear icon in the top right corner and then click on Edit.
A new window will pop up on your screen, allowing you to copy the Share and Track link, as well as see information about who created the Share and when.
Clicking on the gear or cog icon will bring up the Share and Track Advanced Settings for this file.
Next, you can set your preferences for the following:
- Require email address: When this option is checked, the person viewing the file will be required to provide an email address before they are granted access to the file
- Disable downloading: This option is on by default. If you’d like to make a ‘download’ button available in the Share and Track window for the person(s) viewing the file, you can deselect this option
- Alert on first access: This option is also turned on by default. QorusDocs will send you an email notification the very first time someone accesses and views the Share
- Alert on expired access: When this option is selected, you will receive an email notification if someone tries to access the link after the Share has expired.
- Expiry date: By default, Shares expire after six months. Here, you can pick another expiry date by clicking on the calendar icon
- Passcode to access: You can password protect the Share with a ‘Passcode’ you set here. Only those with the Passcode will be able to view the Share.
4. Update a Share with the latest changes to the underlying file
If after you’ve already shared a file with a client, that file gets updated, you will see a yellow triangle icon next to the 'Current file modified date’:
There’s no need to generate a new Share and Track link and send the latest version to the client. You can simply click on ‘Refresh’ and the client will get the new version using the same Share and Track link you have already shared with them:
The choice to Refresh and update a Share with the latest changes is entirely up to you.
There may be times where you want the client to see the version you actually shared with them, and not an updated version that is currently being worked on. The ‘Refresh’ button gives you full control over if or when you choose to publish document changes to whoever you've shared the file with.
5. Copy a file’s Share and Track link to the clipboard
For files you have already shared using Share and Track, you can retrieve the link and copy it to the clipboard by clicking on the gear icon and then on ‘Copy to clipboard’:
This is useful if a client asks you to send it to them again or you would like to share it with others.
6. Disable a Share
At any time, you can choose to disable the Share and Track link and make it no longer accessible.
Once you disable a Share, the text on the Share tile will appear to be greyed out:
You can always enable the Share again by clicking on the gear icon and then on ‘Enable’:
7. Delete a Share
Unlike disabling a Share, selecting 'Delete' will remove the Share completely and permanently.
This means that not only will the person(s) you’ve shared the file with no longer be able to access the file, but you will also no longer be able to see any Share and Track views for that file or enable it again.
We’d only recommend deleting a Share if you’ve created it by mistake and there’s really no need for it. If you only want to prevent people from accessing the underlying file, then the best thing to do is to disable it.
To delete a Share, click on the Gear icon, then on ‘Delete’:
8. Validate a Share
If you’d like to preview the file you’re sharing and see it exactly as the person you’re sharing it with will see it, you can use ‘Validate’:
When you do this, QorusDocs doesn’t record any ‘View’ statistics for that Share. This is a great way to make sure you’re happy with the formatting or if there are any last-minute changes needed before you send the Share link to a client.