This applies to:
Available with the following QorusDocs Editions:
QorusDocs provides content usage insights on every piece of content you make use of with the QorusDocs Add-ins and in Hub Central.
Insights help teams make decisions about whether the piece of content they selected is the right one to use to get the job done. It provides them with a view of how a content item was used over time, by whom, in which documents, and whether it resulted in deals being won.
It also tracks the search terms that were used to locate the content item, when that search resulted in the content being used in a document, email, presentation or spreadsheet. This can help content managers better understand the way people are searching, and with that knowledge, they can now better tweak the content structure to make it easier for users to find.
In this article, we'll be covering the following:
- How to access Content Usage Insights
- The 'Usage Insights' screen
- The 'Users Insights' screen
- The 'Search Terms Insights' screen
- The 'Destination Insights' screen
- The ‘View Insights’ screen
- The ‘Comments Insights’ screen
- The ‘Pursuit Insights’ screen
1. How to access Content Usage Insights
In the QorusDocs Add-in, or in Hub Central, click on your file and click on 'Info' to bring up the Properties and Insights window.
Depending on the type of file you're working on, you may need to click on the 'more menu' button, and then on 'Info':
In the window that pops up next, click on the 'Insights' icon and then select the insight you'd like to view:
2. The 'Usage Insights' screen
Usage Insights give us an idea of how frequently a document has been used over the past 12 months, and in which way.
There are seven activities that we record here:
1. Inserted into a document: This activity occurs whenever someone clicks on the 'insert' button, regardless of which QorusDocs Add-in they are working with.
2. Inserted as a link: This one is specific to QorusDocs for Outlook, where you can find the 'Insert link' button, and insert a SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business link into the body of an email.
Please note that this option has since been deprecated in Outlook and replaced with ‘Get a Link’. You will still see ‘inserted as a link’ included within the list of activities here since there may be some historical data for this action.
3. Attached to an email: Also specific to QorusDocs for Outlook, this activity gets recorded whenever someone clicks on the paperclip button next to a content item attach it to an email
4. Inserted selection: In the Preview window, users can select text from within the body of a file and then insert that selection into an email, document, presentation or spreadsheet, by clicking on 'Insert selection as rich text' or on 'Insert selection as plain text'.
5. Created from this document: Whenever someone clicks on the 'Create' button to create a new document, email, or presentation from a template, this activity gets recorded here.
6. Used in Share and Track: This activity is recorded when someone generates a Share and Track link that can be shared with third parties. QorusDocs keeps track of engagement with the file, like views, downloads, and more.
7. Add to Cart: This activity is recorded whenever someone adds the file to the QorusDocs Cart.
3. The 'Users Insights' screen
Here, you can see the top 10 users based on insert activity. When we say insert activity, we mean every type of 'insert' action that exists. You can see a full list of insert options here.
4. The 'Search Terms Insights' screen
The Search Terms Insights provide us with a list of the top 10 search terms that have been used across QorusDocs to find this particular document - where that search was immediately followed by an insert activity.
The idea here is to provide you with a list of 'useful search terms' that resulted in the document being used.
5. The 'Destination Insights' screen
Here, you can see the names of the files into which the document has been inserted, by whom, and how long ago.
If this document has been inserted into another email, presentation, document, or spreadsheet that has not been saved on your computer or to the cloud, QorusDocs will also show how many 'unsaved documents' this document has been inserted into (in this example, it was inserted into four unsaved documents).
6. The 'View Insights' screen
Here, you will see the number of times a file has been viewed and downloaded after it was shared using the QorusDocs Share and Track.
7. The 'Comments Insights' screen
Here, you can see all the comments and feedback about this document left by your coworkers. You can also add your own comments here too:
8. The 'Pursuit Insights' screen
For each content item, QorusDocs keeps track of whether it was used in a Pursuit, the value of that Pursuit, and the Pursuit outcome (won or loss).
QorusDocs then uses this information to attribute a value and win rate to the content. Consider the following example:
In this scenario, the content value will be calculated at $30,000 (the sum of the value of all ‘won’ deals), and the win rate at 66% (2 out of 3 deals were ‘won’).
Although it’s unlikely that the content item is actually worth $30,000 and that that’s what you’d get if you tried to sell it – the idea here is to measure the relative value of your content, so you can easily identify your most valuable content and what is helping you win deals.
Please sign in to leave a comment.