If you belong to the Admin user role, you can easily invite and add coworkers to QorusDocs, provided they have user accounts associated with the same identity provider (Microsoft or Google) that your organization chose to use with QorusDocs.
- if you sign in to QorusDocs using your Microsoft 365 username and password, your identity provider is Microsoft. You can invite any user in your organization with an active Microsoft 365 license to join QorusDocs.
- if you sign in to QorusDocs using your Google workspace username and password, your identity provider is Google. You can add any user in your organization with an active user account on your organization’s Google Workspace to join QorusDocs.
In this article, we’ll explain how to add new users by searching for them one at a time in your identity provider records. If you’d rather add a whole bunch of users at once based on their membership to a security group in your Microsoft Azure Active Directory, then click here.
This is what we’ll cover here:
- Check if you have sufficient licenses available for the new users you’d like to add.
- Search for and select the users you’d like to add.
- Assign them to a user role and optionally assign them to a user group and provide time zone and location information.
1. Check if you have sufficient licenses available for the new users you’d like to add.
To get started, log into QorusDocs Online, and go to User Management under Settings. In the License Summary, you can see how many licenses are currently in use (73 in the screenshot below) and how many free licenses there are remaining (27 in the screenshot below):
In our case, we have enough free licenses remaining to cover the users we’d like to add. If that’s not the case for you, then you can either contact us for help with purchasing more licenses, or you can remove an existing user’s license. This frees up that license so you can assign it to someone else.
To do that, click on the gear icon next to the person’s name, and then on ‘remove’:
2. Search for and select the users you’d like to add.
Click on ‘add new users’:
Then, on the next screen, use the search box to type the person's name, part of their name, or even their email address - and then click on 'Search':
QorusDocs will search for this person and will pop all the matching results into the grey box immediately below. You can select one or more users from the list and complete the details on the right side of the screen.
3. Assign them to a user role and optionally assign them to a user group and provide time zone and location information.
In our case, we elected to add only one of the two users. We could have however searched for and selected more people to add without leaving this screen if we wanted.
At a minimum, you’ll need to assign the selected user(s) to a QorusDocs user role: Admin, Designer, or Standard. You can read more on user roles and how this impacts the features they can access and use here.
You can also optionally provide the user’s time zone and location. QorusDocs will use these details for timing work assignment notifications and other preferences. If you’d prefer to skip this for now, users can do this themselves later, in their profile settings.
Then finally, if you have configured custom user groups in your QorusDocs, you can assign users to a custom group right here. To learn more about custom user groups and how they can be useful in tailoring the user experience, click here.
When you’re done, all that's left to do is to click on ‘save’.
The new users you add will receive a welcome email from Qorus, like the one below: