This applies to:
Available with the following QorusDocs Editions:
If you’re a QorusDocs Admin user, you can recommend content to use for one or more Pursuit Type(s). This is a great way to provide teams with quick and easy access to useful content and templates that are relevant for the particular Pursuit they are working on, without having to search for it.
The content you recommend will show up in the Pursuit workspace in QorusDocs Hub, as well as in the Pursuit tab in the QorusDocs Add-ins.
In this article, we’ll explain how to:
- Recommend content for a Pursuit Type
- Apply Smart Rules to recommended content
- Testing and viewing Recommended Content
1. How to recommend content for a Pursuit Type
In the left nav, click on “Search” to search for the file you’d like to recommend, and then once you have it, click on the file name and then on the ‘more menu’.
Then click on ‘Recommend for Pursuit Type’:
In the window that pops up next, select one or more Pursuit Types and then on ‘save’:
This will include this piece of content in the list of ‘Recommended Content’ for all Pursuits created using this Pursuit Type.
If you’d rather have QorusDocs recommend this content for your selected Pursuit Type(s) under certain conditions, instead of every time, that’s what we’ll explain next below.
2. How (and when) to apply Smart Rules to recommended content
To specify the conditions under which a piece of content should be included in the ‘Recommended
Content’ list when a new Pursuit is created, you can use Smart Rules.
Please note that Smart Rules need Smart Fields in order to work. If the Pursuit Type that you’ve selected does not have any Smart Fields associated with it, then the ‘Rules’ button will be greyed out for you. To fix this, you first need to edit the Pursuit Type and add the Smart Fields your Smart Rule needs.
In the ‘Recommend for a Pursuit Type’ window, click on ‘Rules’:
Then, configure the Smart Rule you’d like to apply as follows:
- In the ‘Where’ part of the Smart Rule, select the Smart Field you’d like QorusDocs to evaluate. In the example above, the Smart Rule will evaluate the ‘Proposal stage’ Smart Field.
- In the next part of the Smart Rule, select the operator. In the example above, users can select more than one solution for this Pursuit Type, so we’ll set the Smart Rule to check whether the ‘Proposal stage’ Smart Field ‘equals’ a specific value.
- In the last part of the Smart Rule configuration, select the values or criteria that you want the Smart Rule to check for. If the Smart Rule evaluates to ‘true’ (in our example, the ‘Proposal stage’ Smart Field ‘equals’ the value ‘Pre-proposal’), then this content will be recommended. If it evaluates to ‘false’, then QorusDocs will not include it in the list of Recommended Content.
You can define a single condition and click ‘Save’, or you can click on ‘Add Expression’ to add another condition to your Smart Rule:
With more than one condition, it's possible to toggle the Boolean Logic to be either ‘And’ and ‘Or’.
If you choose ‘And’, then both conditions must be met for the Smart Rule to evaluate to ‘true’.
In our example below, this content will only be recommended for this Pursuit Type if the user selected ‘Pre-proposal’ in the ‘Proposal stage’ Smart Field, and also selected ‘Construction’ in the ‘Client Industry’ Smart Field.
If you choose ‘Or’, then only one of these conditions needs to be ‘true’ for the Smart Rule to evaluate to ‘true’.
In our example below, this content will be recommended for this Pursuit Type if the user selected ‘Pre-Proposal’ in the ‘Proposal Stage’ Smart Field, or if they selected ‘Construction’ in the ‘Client Industry’ Smart Field.
Once you have defined the Smart Rules for your Pursuit Type, click on Save.
3. Testing and viewing Recommended Content
To test whether your Recommended Content is showing up as you would expect it to, create a Pursuit using that Pursuit Type and check the list of content in the ‘Recommended’ tab: