This applies to:
Available with the following QorusDocs Editions:
Upon first login, or when you sign up for a QorusDocs Hub, you will be prompted to authorize QorusDocs to access certain Office 365 resources:
This is necessary to be able to login to QorusDocs using your Microsoft 365 username and password, to connect to your Microsoft 365 content, and for you to be able to search and action your content in QorusDocs.
Most end-users have the ability to consent and authorize QorusDocs and other third-party apps on their Microsoft 365 account themselves, without having to place a formal request with their internal IT department.
However, your IT department has the ability to restrict you from authorizing any third-party apps.
If that's the case, then when you try to sign in, you'll see the following 'Need Admin Approval' message:
To complete the acceptance, you'll need to request assistance from your internal IT department.
There are three ways in which your IT can handle this:
- Sign in with their Admin account on your machine, and grant consent to QorusDocs for the whole organization
- In the Azure Active Directory admin center, grant consent to QorusDocs for the whole organization
- In the Azure Active Directory admin center, allow users to grant third party apps like QorusDocs permissions
1. Your IT can sign in with their Admin account on your machine, and grant consent to QorusDocs for the whole organization
Depending on the size of your organization, the easiest way to grant access may be for IT to come around to your desk and click on the 'Have an admin account? Sign in with that account' option visible in the screenshot above.
Next, they'll be prompted to sign in using their Microsoft 365 username and password, and will get the usual 'Permissions Requested' screen where they can check a box to consent to QorusDocs on behalf of all users in the organization:
2. In the Azure Active Directory admin center, your IT can grant consent to QorusDocs for the whole organization
Alternatively, it's possible to grant admin consent to all users to install QorusDocs in the Azure Active Directory admin center.
To do this, they can login to the Azure Active Directory admin center, click on 'Enterprise applications' in the left-navigation, and then on 'All applications':
Then next, they will find QorusDocs and QorusDocs for Outlook in the list of applications:
Then, on the next page, click on 'Permissions' and then on 'Grant admin consent for (your organization)':
3. In the Azure Active Directory admin center, your IT can allow users to grant third party apps like QorusDocs permissions
If your IT admin is looking for the setting that is responsible for this behavior, and would like to allow all users to consent to apps like QorusDocs, they'll find it within the Azure Active Directory admin center, under 'Enterprise Applications' and then under 'User Settings':
By setting this to 'yes', users will have the ability to authorize Qorus (as well as other apps) without any IT intervention required.
Please contact us if there are any security, privacy or other questions, that your IT may require to have answered before they can approve your request, and we will gladly assist.
Please sign in to leave a comment.