In Hub Central, you have the ability to create a username and password to access an OData service that is specific to your Qorus implementation.
Within this OData feed, you'll find tables that contain detailed information around user activity, collaboration and content usage, including searches and inserts.
In this article, learn how to setup OData access and use it in Excel or in Power BI to explore your data in ways that meet your particular business requirements.
- How to set your OData credentials
- How to access and analyze your data in Excel
- How to access and analyze your data in Power BI
Please note that only users belonging to the Qorus Admin role have the ability to setup OData access.
How to set your OData credentials
- To get started, login to Hub Central at the following link: https://www.qorushub.com/
- In the left nav, under 'Settings', click on 'Hub Management' and then go over to the OData tab:
- Next, create a username and password to access your OData feed, and click on 'Save' when you're ready:
- You should get a success message like the one below if your details have been saved successfully:
Now that you've setup OData access, you can use it in Excel, Power BI, or any other analytics software that supports OData, to create your own custom reports.
How to access and analyze your data in Excel
In Excel, go over to the 'Data' tab and then under the 'Get Data' drop down, choose 'From Other Sources' and then 'From OData Feed':
Then on the next screen, copy and paste the OData feed URL: https://api.qorushub.com/customer
Next, enter your OData username and password. Then on the following screen, select the table(s) you want to load to Excel on the left hand side of the screen, then click on 'Load':
To learn more about working with OData in Excel, click here.
How to access and analyze your data in Power BI
Note: you will need a Power BI Pro license in order to do this
Connecting your OData feed to Power BI is very similar to the way it works in Excel. If you'd like to use our pre-built template, please download it from the attachments section below.
First, select 'OData Feed' from the 'Get Data' menu:
Then, copy and paste the OData feed URL in the box provided: https://api.qorushub.com/customer
Next, enter your OData username and password. Then on the following screen, select the table(s) you want to load to Power BI on the left hand side of the screen, then click on 'Load':
To learn more about Power BI and how to use it, visit the Power BI learning center here.
Understanding the OData tables
The OData feeds have several tables in them. We’ve included a data dictionary in the attachment section below to help you navigate the feeds, with explanations for values listed to help you get the right data. The tabs listed below have the following purposes:
- Tables and Columns: a list of all the tables and their columns
- CustomerActivities: activities that occur on the Hub with information about which User did it and when
- CustomerActivities – Activities: explanations of all the types of activities
- CustomerSharedContentSourceUsage: information about the usage of a given Content Source within a Hub
- SharedDocuments: data about documents shared via the Share and Track capability
- SharedDocumentViews: data about documents that were shared out to someone via the Share and Track capability
- UserInfo: contains information about a User in Content Hub
- Pursuits: information about Pursuits
- PursuitSmartFields: information about the Smart Fields associated with Pursuits
- Assignments: information about Assignments in Content Hub
Publisher-only Tables: these will only be populated if you have access to the Publisher model: