This article serves to provide a checklist of IT software and access requirements that need to be met for your organization to successfully implement and run QorusDocs. In this setup, QorusDocs will host your content and opportunity documents for you.
End User Software Requirements
- Windows 10 or higher
- Chrome (81 or higher), Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
- Desktop installations of one or more of the following Microsoft Office applications:
- Office 365
- Office 2021 Professional
- Office 2019 Retail (version must start with "2206")
- Installation of the QorusDocs add-ins (Access to Microsoft Store or centrally deploying the add-ins which is the preferred method.) Depending on your organization's policies, QorusDocs may be able to centrally deploy the add-ins for your users. Alternatively, we'd require some assistance from a user within your organization, with the necessary levels of permissions.
- Power BI Pro License and Power BI Desktop Application for users who are responsible for building and managing the QorusDocs reports.
- Power BI Free licenses for all report consumers. I.e. any users in your organization who need to access Power BI reports. You will require Pro licenses for report consumers if you do not have the Premium workspace and wish to publish reports privately. Please read more about sharing reports here.
If your users aren't licensed already for this, please see pricing from Microsoft here.
Organization Software Requirements
- If the Salesforce Connector has been purchased, please note that QorusDocs only supports the Lightning version.
- QorusDocs users should authenticate using their Microsoft Office 365 credentials. If your organization makes use of anything other than Microsoft, contact us here .
Consent & User Access
There is a single, one-time only, access-related step that need to be completed for all users to have the correct access to the QorusDocs solution.
1. User Authentication
This step is to ensure that the user accessing the QorusDocs solution has the correct permissions to read and write the content and data that is being exposed through the content sources.
When a user first logs in, they will see a "Lock" icon next to all the content sources.
Clicking on the Lock icon will authenticate that user, giving them access to all content sources that they have permission to in your organization, and the lock icon will disappear.
This is a step that must be done by every user, once.
Please sign in to leave a comment.