This applies to:
Available with the following QorusDocs Editions:
This article serves to provide a checklist of IT software and access requirements that need to be met for your organization to successfully implement and run QorusDocs for your SharePoint Online environment. In this setup, your organization's infrastructure will host your content and opportunity documents.
End User Software Requirements
- Windows 8.1 or higher
- Chrome (81 or higher), Firefox, Safari, Edge or Internet Explorer 11.
- Desktop installations of one or more of the following Microsoft Office applications (minimum build required: 16.0.6965.x or 6965.x, or higher):
- Word 2019 or 365 to use QorusDocs for Word
- Outlook 2019 or 365 to use QorusDocs for Outlook (Your mailbox needs to be hosted on Exchange Online if you wish to make use of the Outlook add-in.)
- PowerPoint 2019 or 365 to use QorusDocs for PowerPoint
- Excel 2019 or 365 to use QorusDocs for Excel
- Installation of the QorusDocs add-ins (Access to Microsoft Store or centrally deploying the add-ins which is the preferred method.)
- Admin approval to log into QorusDocs (QorusDocs Authorization required.)
- Approval to enable the Microsoft Teams connector (If you wish to utilize Teams for collaboration.)
- Installation of the QorusDocs add-ins (Access to Microsoft Store or centrally deploying the add-ins which is the preferred method)
- Power BI Pro desktop application for users who are responsible for building and managing the QorusDocs reports.
- Power BI Free licenses for all report consumers. I.e. any users in your organization who need to access Power BI reports. You will require Pro licenses for report consumers if you do not have the Premium workspace and wish to publish reports privately. Please read more about sharing reports here.
If your users aren't licensed already for this, please see pricing from Microsoft here.
Organization Software Requirements
- SharePoint Online (SPO). You have the option of setting up a dedicated SPO site collection for QorusDocs or utilizing sites that already contain your organization's content. Your Implementation Specialist will explain the pros and cons of both options and will guide you to make the best decision.
- If the Salesforce Connector has been purchased, please note that QorusDocs only supports the Lightning version.
- A single license for Power Automate with a ‘Per User Plan’ at minimum. You can view pricing from Microsoft here.
Implementation & Power Automate Access Requirements
The following pre-requisites are required in order for your implementation to begin.
- Setup a M365 licensed account that is generic enough to trigger emails from it using Power Automate (Outlook Connector). We refer to this account as the "Service Account". The account name could be something like "proposals@[your domain]" or "qorusdocs@[your domain]". It is your choice what this account will be called, but the important thing is that it should make sense to your end-users (Subject Matter Experts and Content Managers) as they will receive an email from this address, notifying them of content that is up for review or approval.
- This account should preferably have the password reset option disabled to ensure that there is no disruption to your content management flows.
- It should also have access to Power Automate with a ‘Per User Plan’ at minimum.
- If you have purchased any reporting services, the Service Account should have access to a Power Bi Pro licenses.
- The Service Account should have access to your CRM application if you have purchased any CRM integration services.
- The Service Account should be able to install the Microsoft Office add-ins for QorusDocs. These add-ins are required to build templates.
- Add the Service Account as a ‘Site Owner’ to the site(s) where your content will be stored.
- Provide your Customer Success Manager with the username and password for the Service Account, in order for your implementation specialist to be assigned.
The Service Account is required for a number of reasons:
- This account will serve as the owner of your Content Management Flows. Without this account, we would have to use a named user's account as the owner. If this named user had to leave your organization or move departments and lose access, the Management Flows will be decommissioned and disabled, which will cause the content refresh activities to stop.
- This account will be used to email SMEs and Content Managers when content is up for review or approval.
- Changes that are made to content properties in SharePoint Online (by the content management flows) will be tracked against this account.
- The Service Account will be used, by the QorusDocs Implementation Specialist and Customer Success Manager to implement QorusDocs at your organization and train your end users.
- If you have purchased, or are intending on purchasing Premium Support, QorusDocs will utilize the Service Account to gain access to your environment should an issue require it.
- A new group in your SPO Term Store called "QorusDocs" must be created. The Service Account must be given "Group Manager" access to this group.
- The first 2 items under the next section "Consent & User Access" should be completed by a M365 Global administrator.
Consent & User Access
There are three, one-time only, access-related steps that need to be completed for all users to have the correct access to the QorusDocs solution.
1. Consent for QorusDocs to Access Your Organization's User Profile Data
QorusDocs enables your organization to utilize the Microsoft identity platform to allow users to sign in with their work account and access your organization's data, through the QorusDocs solutions.
Before any application can access your organization's user profile data, a user must consent to the application to do so.
When your users first access the QorusDocs application, they will be required to accept the request for QorusDocs to access their profile information, so that QorusDocs knows who they are, and what they have access to. They will not be asked to do this again, once complete.
2. Consent for QorusDocs to Access Your Organization's SharePoint Online Environment
When the first QorusDocs SharePoint Online (SPO) Content Source is created, the user will be asked to consent to the QorusDocs application gaining access to your organization's SPO environment. This only needs to be done once and will give consent to the QorusDocs application, to access content data across all site collections in the organization.
It is important to note that this does not give access to any users of QorusDocs, to view, edit, add to or delete ALL of your organization's SPO content and data; the permissions of each user are maintained as per your existing permission structure.
Each user that creates a content source will be required to give consent when they create their first one. It is recommended that an administrator, with the correct level of access, creates the first content source, and consents on behalf of your organization, to avoid all users needing to complete this step.
3. User Authentication
The last layer of security is to ensure that the user accessing the QorusDocs solution has the correct permissions to read and write the content and data that is being exposed through the content sources (in accordance with their access rights assigned in SPO).
When a user first logs in, they will see a "Lock" icon next to all the SPO content sources.
Clicking on the Lock icon will authenticate that user, giving them access to all content sources that they have permission to in your organization, and the lock icon will disappear.
This is a step that must be done by every user, once. An administrator cannot do this on behalf of the organization.